04 October 2009

Day 8 - Cumbernauld Village

That night we stayed in Cumbernauld Village which is north of Glasgow. The Old Mill B&B is highly rated and for good reason. Annette is a dear and she welcomed us.

But...before that...I must write about the drive. We were doing really well following the road signs to Cumbernauld but then, all of a sudden, the signs for Cumbernauld disappeared and we were a little lost again. Thanks to a nice gentleman outside of the Petrol Station we were on our way again. We found out that there is Cumbernauld and then there is Cumbernauld Village. It took us a few more tries to get to the B&B but we spoke with Annette again and she helped guide us. That cell phone has been a total lifesaver and well worth whatever I'm going to have to pay my mom.

Nick let me take a little nap when we arrived because I was so worn out from stress and frustration. After my nap, we went to Puccinis for dinner. It's another Italian restaurant (believe me, I was getting Italianed out by then) and Nick was really grumpy due to being hungry. I've found out that I must feed him constantly on this trip, otherwise he gets really moody but, once fed, he's all sunshine again.

Back to the Old Mill B&B for some relaxation...

No comments:

Post a Comment