04 October 2009

Day 7 - The Drive Back to Dublin

We woke up at the Ashford Castle and it was still raining and overcast. It took awhile to get up and get ready so we didn't eat breakfast there. We hurried up, packed up our things and went outside to see the grounds. We didn't have much time to look around. I knew that if an Irishman said it would take 3 hours to get back to Dublin, we could count on it taking us at least 5.
The drive back was pretty uneventful except that we had to head back towards the Dublin airport in order to find the Regency hotel again. I decided that we should eat dinner at the hotel again because it was just easier and it was getting late.

At first they put us in a smoking room and I accepted that (because we were tired and I figured we weren't going to be there that long). Then, our neighbors were loud (there wasn't much of a wall between us on that floor...or perhaps it was the connecting door), so I chose to go downstairs and ask for a new room. I think they might have charged us for the room but I have to check my account when I get internet access again.

The night was pretty restless for both of us...we had to get up at 5 in order to get to the airport on time...

No comments:

Post a Comment